Updated: Jun 11, 2021
This delicious recipe is a blend of the flavors of Dubai with a traditional Jewish pastry. It is a signature recipe from the Kosherati range.
3 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon dry yeast
3 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 1/2 tablespoons utter
1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon orange blossom water
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon orange blossom water
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Prepare the filling first by mixing the dates, cinnamon and orange blossom water with enough hot water to cover the top of the dates. Let the mixture soak for approximately 10 minutes until the dates can be mashed.
2. Make the dough by mixing all the dry ingredients. Cut the butter in the dry ingredients and then add eggs. Mix with a sigh hook on low speed until it is combined into a ball.
3. Remove the dough and let it rest for 30 minutes in the fridge.
4. While the dough is resting, make the syrup. Dilute the sugar in water to avoid crystallization. the add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Roll out the dough to a height of approximately 1 cm. Use a round plate (approx 30cms) to cut a circle out of the dough. Spread the date mixture on top. Using. pizza slicer, cut 12 slices out of the dough. Then roll from the outside in.
6. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until they have puffed and are light brown.
7. Brush with the syrup while they are still hot.